Monday 25 August 2014

The experience of Singing in the Dark as told by one of the participants in the workshop.

I was so delighted to hear from one of the bravest participants in the Breathe Workshop whose beautiful breath you can see below. ThanksYvonne, so pleased to have you involved in the project.




Yvonne directly after recording her breath.

Eleven years ago I was diagnosed with a rare form of lung disease by Prof. Attol Wells here at the Royal Brompton.

Since then I have tried practising yoga which is great.  During my routine visit to the Royal Brompton I noticed the "Singing for Breathing" group.  It fascinated  me because I have always loved singing.  I joined this great group in April.

Some weeks ago Jayne Wilton visited and invited us to participate in a project which sounded brilliant.

On 12th August we all went and took part in exploring the dynamics of the Breath with light on sensitised film.

I was very focused on the experience of "The Dark Tent" making some sounds and breath.

I am quite sure this project of Jayne Wilton and her colleagues will be of great importance to the wider community in the near future.

I will continue to enjoy my singing for breathing.


No comments:

Post a Comment